Monday 6 May 2013

Ripe Tomatoes in Japan, pineapple haircut in India

Stylist Hiro says a new hairdo, called 'Ripe Tomatoes' or kanjuku tomato in Japanese, is his masterpiece.

Stylist Hiro says a new hairdo, called ‘Ripe Tomatoes’ or kanjuku tomato in Japanese, is his masterpiece. The innovative designhas created buzz on the internet. The look involves cutting the hair into a rounded crop before dying it bright tomato red. Sections from the crown are then shaped and coloured green to resemble a tomato’s stalk. Sadly, like the fruit, the style has a shelf life. The red and the green fades quickly and the ‘leaves’ are difficult to shape after being washed. We quiz stylist about what they think of the cut and  what’s hot here?

Sapna Bhavnani, who is known for experimenting with her hair, says, “I love it. Sure I’d give a client that look. I think I should ask Dhoni if that should be his new look for the IPL finals.”

Aalim Hakim,  adds, “The Ripe Tomatoes look maybe hot in Japan, but here people prefer a more flowing look that would have a longer shelf life. I have had requests for animal prints including the leopard or zebra look, which is extremely popular here. I have also had customers asking me to give them a pineapple cut to resemble the fruit. It’s easy to achieve because of the shape of the fruit and  you can go for the spiky look on top.”

No comments:

Post a Comment